Show Me Your Number (SMYN) seeks to reduce new HIV and TB infections, eradicate stigma and discrimination and contribute towards social cohesion by using the platform of sport, arts & culture as a vehicle to raise awareness through training, community engagement and edutainment. SMYN also uses the power of sports, arts and culture for demand creation for HIV and TB counselling, testing and prevention. SMYN was formally established in 2010 as a registered NPO and NPC, prior to which, it was a project of the South African Players Football Union (SAFPU).
SMYN works to create a healthy society that is AIDS and TB free through using human rights approaches.
SMYN exists to eradicate HIV and TB infections by using sports, arts and culture as a vehicle for advocacy and raising awareness driven by respect for human rights for all.
- To USE sport, arts & culture platforms to contribute towards eradication of HIV and TB.
- To PROMOTE sport, arts & culture as tools for social cohesion.
- To RAISE consciousness of healthy living and increase the number of men undergoing HIV Counseling and Testing and Male Medical Circumcision.
- To PROMOTE AND SHOWCASE the public commitment of sport, arts & culture personalities, managers and platforms in the fight against HIV and TB.
- To ADVOCATE for sport, arts & culture as a vehicle for promotion of human rights principles.
Follow our YouTube Channel